Sport Fazana - Sport and Leisure Opportunities in Fazana - Istria
Fazana offers plenty of sport and leisure opportunities.
Our recommendation is to plan boat trip along the coast of Fazana. Local travel agencies offers the tourists several routes along the adriatic coast.
- Visit Pula, the biggest town in Istria, which has big cultural and historical haritage, and the old well known arena is one of the biggest attractions to visitors
- Take a boat trip to the Islands of Brijuni, a national park which offers a lot of sport and recreation activities and also has many historical monument
- Travel to Venice using one of the modern fast boat trip
- Boat trip to Lim Fjord and Rovinj. This usually includes free fish and free wine on board
- Furthermore enjoy the innerpart of Istria too (the so called croatia toscana). Especially Motovun or Pazin are very interesting.
Fazana is a paradise of sports-orientated travelleres. Especially the following sports are ideal in the region of Fazana.
Fazana has very nice cycling path that leads to a length of 12 km on the main part of Istria. This is an amazing opportunity where you can combine recreation and meeting with beautiful and clean Istrian nature. Go on an adventure with a bike and discover the rich parts of the Istrian coast, tourist camps, the old villages and olive groves, and get to know the old customs and take a rest in the primeval nature.
Istra is not only beautyful in its green, hilly interior and along its ever unfolding coast where the evergreen touches the Adriatic but in the sea world that surrounds it as well. Numerous underwater reefs, which the native people call "šeke", with its vertical cliffs and secret holes, are habitat for many fish and crabs. These "sunken" or never "surfacing" islands are overgrown with flora and fauna in real splendour of color. The curiosity of many divers is attracted by two shipwrecks as well; one battle ship and the other a cruise ship. Along the Porec coastal area, from Novigrad in the north to the Lim Canal and Rovinj in the south, some 20 reefs from four to 40 meters in depth, are attractive for diving. Especially attractive are the"walls" of the vertical cliff of the Kampanil and Tempesta reef and the underwater cave on a small island called Banjole near Rovinj. Night diving and the visits to shipwrecks of sunken ships is a magical experience. There are two protected shipwrecks in this area. One is the Austrian-Hungerian cruise ship the Baron Gautch and the other is a British battleship the Coriolanus where organized diving is permitted.
Other sports are: